A unique ambient soundscape generator. AMBIENT is capable of producing a vast array of ambient textures, from the bizarre to the beautiful. The module has already featured on professional recordings demonstrating a raw inspiration to the creative process.
AMBIENT processes any sound you care to load into it. The possibilities are endless.
Multi-effect standalone software module featuring:
- Granular sampler with random pitch function
- Amplitude envelope with a trigger speed control
- Three pitch shift controls for adding extra layers to the sound
- Tape delay
- Multi-mode filter
- Ambient reverb
- MIDI learn
- Preset save and recall
Simply load up your chosen wav/aiff sound and AMBIENT will be ready to deconstruct and redesign your sound.
- Read below for some key settings to check out – in order to get into the module:
- Check your settings and make sure your soundcard and channels are correctly set up.
- Whilst in settings ensure Audio is set to “On”.
- Click on open and load a wav or aiff file (no MP3s).
- Ensure the amplitude dial (bottom right) is set in between 1 & 2.
- Move up to the 3rd row of dials to the filter row. Set a filter that allows your sound through – stay away from the low-pass filter to begin with.
- Experiment with different pitches and grain sizes.
- Consider the impact of reverb on your sound.
- You can get a smoother, more detailed/ less stepped sweep on the dials by holding down the “shift” key.
- Use the presets function to save or recall your favourite settings.
- Use midi learn to link the module to your hardware controller.
When you are happy with the result you can save the sound as an audio file and import it into your favourite DAW for further compositional work.
AB-AMBIENT | July 2010