Descriptor: Unique experimental sampler and sequencer (AUX-Seq) which enables the user to manipulate and record single samples or entire folders of samples through gesture, randomness and modulation.
Platform: Standalone & Ableton M4L software for Mac Osx & PC Windows
Platform: Compatible with windows and Mac OSX 10.7 or later.
AUXTURE is a unique exploratory sampler and sequencer (AUX-Seq) which enables the user to manipulate and record single samples or entire folders of samples through gesture, randomness and modulation. Unexpected results are achieved via the audio exploration of single samples or entire folders through gestures, randomness and modulation. The software comes bundled with a ‘Slices’ folder containing 115 free to use samples.
When AUXTURE receives a note, it applies an exploratory set of processes resulting in unique outputs based on unexpected outcomes or happy accidents applied to your sample set.
- It chooses a random sample from its memory according to a freely settable probability.
- It then plays it back with a rate proportional to the pitch, for example:
- C3 = rate 1 (real pitch)
- C4 = speed 2 (twice the original pitch)
- C2 = speed 0.5 (half of the original pitch).
- The volume corresponds to the velocity of the note.
- An amplitude envelope is applied to the sample. The ADSR time depends on the length of the sample it acts on (e.g. attack = 50% means that the attack section of the envelope will lasts half the total length of the sample).
- Every sample is dynamically positioned in the stereo field creating trajectories in space.
Some parameters related to sample playback are directly settable, such as loop mode, pitch shift and detunes, while others are based on chance, such as choosing another sample or reverse playback.
A random delay of a few milliseconds allows a rapid and unpredictable timbre variation, while frequency and ring modulations alter the sample more heavily. For a subsequent smoothing of the sound and to ensure complete processing there are digital distortion, delay, a weird reverb and two second order filters.
Features: Multi-effect software module featuring:
- ADSR Envelope
- Timbric Delay
- Frequency Modulation
- Ring Modulation
- Redux Distortion
- Stereo Delay
- Weird reverb
- 2 x Second Order Filters with cut-off, resonance and gain controls
- Bandpass, Notch and Shelf Filters
- Midi and key mapping
The default playback mode is looping the sample during sustain phase, it's possible disabling this behaviour. It's also possible to set a sample change and reverse playback probabilities.
AUXTURE processes your loaded samples across a myriad of random parameters. The results open up a unique portrayal of your sound.